Trust and Safety
We take our role as a crowdfunding platform seriously. Our goal is to create and maintain a trusted platform for creative Project Creators and Contributors to collaborate and build dreams into a reality.
A Few Things to Consider
- The Role of IndieLiveWire.com. Our focus is bringing film and media creators to interested backers as a platform only. We are not a Broker, Financial Institution, Creditor or Charity. The Services provided by Koa Aloha Studios on the IndieLiveWire.com platform are an administrative platform only.
- Project Creators are Entirely Responsible for Their Projects. Project Creators are solely responsible for their projects and for fulfilling the promises made in their project.
- Projects are not Guaranteed. Best intentions aside, keep in mind projects are not guaranteed when you become a Contributor.
- As a Contributor: It is advised to research and ask questions. Many Project Creators have an active and clearly defined online presence. Have they finished projects in the past? Are they on industry websites such as IMDB? You can ask questions as well – do they respond to your questions.
- As a Project Creator: Keep in mind that there are many projects out there and many ways for Contributors to get involved. Be thankful and appreciative if someone chooses to contribute to your project. You should be responsive to questions and always be honest and ethical. Share the real history of your work and what you bring to the project.
- At IndieLiveWire.com: We do an initial approval process with every project to verify that the Project Creators are going in with their best intentions. While we can’t vouch for Project Creators, we do review and monitor projects to maintain the integrity of the platform.